Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ancient Cameras, Modern Photograph -- December 5, 2006


_D2H2474
Originally uploaded by digital2noise.
I did not think it would be against any type of rule, to take photographs in a photography museum. Some might disagree but I see too much irony in restricting photography in a photographer's museum to even worry about it.

So when I saw this beautiful collection of antique wooden cameras in a wonderful display I could not resist. I waited until I was alone in the room and pulled out the D200. No flash, of course, lest it damage the artifacts I took an entire series, which you can find on the photoblog.

One of my favorite Black&White images, shown here, came from that series as well. It does not have the same warm honey coloration that the original does, but it honors the detail more clearly, I think, and helps remind me of just how old the subject actual is.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 19, 2010 3:01:00 PM, Blogger katty said...

This blog is really amazing, I love all kind of photos, because I usually take photos everywhere where a go. Actually I saw beautiful houses in costa rica homes for sale, this house are stunning and wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home