Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My New Nikkor Glass -- 85mm f/1.4!

I could not stop myself and I went to Cord Camera today and purchased the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 prime.

Resistance was futile. The lens itself is amazing. Great optics, fast focus, perfect out of focus areas. Does a good job in available light.

My only complaint is that the all-metal screw in lens hood is very clumsy when trying to place it in a bad or apply the snap-in lens cap. I wonder if anyone makes a larger snap-on lens cap that would fit the out of the lens hood. The main complaint being that the lens hood is required for using this lens due to the massive 77mm exposed glass (it shoots flares like a capsized sailor!) but it takes a while to put it on and take it off.

However the hood is (like the rest of the lens body) all metallic and posses a very heavy, sturdy feel when it is attached to the D200 body.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home