Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nikkor 50mm AF 50mm f/1.8 D

Today I received my new Nikkor 50mm AF 50mm f/1.8 D lens.  Amazon did not have it in stock, but I got it in under 5 days from J&R Computers.  Good shipping, packaging and very quick.  I was pretty happy that they had the f/1.8 in stock, most everyone else did not.  This will free up the f/1.4 for the D200 I am going to buy tomorrow.

I did a lot of test shooting this afternoon (200 frames) and I was pretty happy with the results.  The 50mm lens + D50 seem to skew cool in dim light worse than any other lens + D50 combination I have, so I may end up running the 812A filter all the time for this lens to deal with that.

All in all, it's really sharp, fast and while the focus is loud, it is very quick and feels certain of itself.

On a side note, regarding those jokers over at ShopCartUSA, see this link too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home