Saturday, February 11, 2006

Here We Are Again

Here we are again, trapped deep within the corporate hive when all we really want to be doing is running around outside taking pictures and playing with the puppy.  Another weekend day wasted away fixing problems we didn't create in projects we don't have any stake in.  We just happen to be the one with enough dedication to drive into the office when I'm called, no matter how much I hate it.
 
I guess, in my own way, I can justify it to myself as a positive becauseI have been ignoring the issue that forced me here and working on another project -- one I actually enjoy -- instead.  Oh yeah, and spending twenty minutes composing another entry for my blog provides further distraction.
 
I went out last night for the first time in a long time.  It was an excellent time for me, seeing old friends and catching up with companions from past adventures.  I wish I had more time for outings of that sort.  I should have taken my camera along for the party ... the setting was private and neutral enough that I do not think anyone would have complained if I took photographs.  I was not sure when I left home if the setting would be hostile to my (precious) camera so it didn't come along.  Turned out that I could have got some pretty good pictures of my friends in various stages of drunkenness but it was not to be, sadly.
 
After a long chat with my good friend Mike, I turned in.  He had a long drive home to Springfield and I had to head out as well.  We walked out of the bar together, still laughing about Gabe and lamenting the fact that we are all able to see each other only so rarely.  After I made it home, I must say that all in all, Friday was a pretty good day.  I'm not exactly feeling great today, but I think for a Friday, yesterday was decent, if not memorable.  I even received an unexpected compliment regarding my blog for a coworker -- who knew some people actually read and enjoy this sporadic tirade from time to time?
 
Leena continues to recover from her trip to the vet.  I took her in again on Thursday to see the vet for a follow up and she got a few shots and some prescription puppy food that is supposed to help her upset stomach and GI track.  I felt so bad for her when she was ill and it is heart warming to see her on the road to recovery and feeling much better.  Today we were playing behind my apartment building and she had the bounce back in her step and was being very playful and frisky -- and even a little naughty, but who would be surprised by that --  She's a Beagle!
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home